Peshawar, 16 October 017: PIMA Peshawar arranged a CME Seminar on “All About Pain*” at Peshawar Medical College on 14 September 2017. This program was addressed by Prof Muhammad Subhan, Head of department of Medicine PMC; Prof Tehniyat Ishaque, head of department of Obs & Gynea PMC; Dr Mahmood ul Hassan, Head of department of Orthopedics PMC; Dr Mohammad Bin Afsar Jan, Principal Physical Therapy, RMI; and Dr Ibrar Ahmad, Assistant Professor & Consultant Endocrinologist LRH.
* CME section of Pakistan Islamic Medical Association (PIMA) arranged a series of symposia on “All About Pain” in 5 different cities during August – October 2017. These unique concept events were coordinated by Dr Azeemuddin, ex-president PIMA Karachi, under supervision of Prof Hafiz Ijaz Ahmad, in charge CME PIMA center. The programs were held at Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Lahore and Rawalpindi and keenly attended by hundreds of doctors and students. The topics included in these CMEs were similar in each center with different speakers. They covered different aspects of pain management, virtually from head to toe! And included interactive panel discussion on low back pain. Topics were:
- What’s new in headache treatment?
- Dysmenorrhea, premenstrual migraine: treatment challenges,
- Non-pharmacological management of acute musculoskeletal disorders
- How to manage neuropathic pain
- Chronic Arthritides: Indications for surgery.