You are invited to participate in the BMJ Awards South Asia 2018 to be held in Chennai on December 1, 2018. Present your academic work in the many categories available. Promote your research, as well as represent Pakistan in the premier event.
In 2017, more than 2000 high-quality nominations were received from eminent medical institutions and hospitals across South Asia. Among them, 13 individuals and teams were awarded for their projects. The event was attended by a prestigious audience of leading figures from medicine and health.
Pakistan Islamic Medical Association (PIMA) partnered in the event, primarily by promotion. We are happy to share that there were two winners in 2017 from Pakistan (details below)
Research Paper of the Year
Dr Saeed Anwar, Peshawar Medical College, Peshawar, Pakistan
Surgical Team of the Year
Dr Faisal Saud Dar, Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan
This year, 9 countries, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar and Maldives are participating. Join them! Nominations for the 2018 Awards have already commenced and the last day to submit your nomination is August 19th, 2018.
About BMJ Awards
Conducted by BMJ India, the Awards reflect the mission to improve patient outcomes and showcase the very best of healthcare achievements in South Asia.
- Excellence in Medical Education
- Research Paper of the year
- Post Graduate Thesis of the year
- Surgical team of the year
- Infectious disease Initiative of the year
- Non- Communicable disease initiative of the year
- Innovation & Digital Healthcare Initiative of the year
- Maternal Child Health Team of the Year
- Quality improvement & Patient Safety Team of the Year
- Mental Health Team of the Year.
Benefits of Participation
- Recognition is provided to winners and finalists by means of extensive press coverage, interviews, and interactions. Organizations of winners and finalists also benefit by receiving recognition.
- Winning BMJ Awards South Asia will help highlight the emerging stars of medicine in South Asia.
- Winners get extensive coverage in The BMJ and our portfolio of specialty journals both in print and online, which have extensive readership.
- The event helps in showcasing the best medical, surgical and quality teams in South Asia.
- Winning organizations are synonymous with the quality and excellence in healthcare.
- Helps winners interact with eminent clinicians, policymakers and academics on the night of the Awards.
The Nomination Process
The Awards nomination process will be completely online (see links below). Nominees can apply to the categories by visiting the Apply Now section on the Awards website. The Awards shortlisting process will be conducted in two Phases.
|Nominations Now Open||01 June 2018||Friday|
|Nomination close for Phase 1||19 August 2018||Sunday|
|Announcement of Phase 1 shortlist||23 September 2018||Sunday|
|Call for extended entries for Phase 2||24 September 2018||Monday|
|Nominations close for Phase 2||05 October 2018||Friday|
|Announcement of Phase 2 shortlist||31 October 2018||Wednesday|
|Submission of editorial documents||10 November 2018||Tuesday|
|Jury Day & Awards Evening||01 December 2018||Saturday|
The Phase 2 finalists will present to the jury panel members on Saturday, December 1, 2018 and the winners will be announced on the same evening in BMJ Awards Ceremony.
BMJ will bear the cost of travel/visa and stay for the finalists (one member only).
For further information please write to email@example.com
Or call at +91-120-4345733 – 38 (09:30 AM – 05:00 PM).
Follow updates on awards on #BMJAwardsSA18
You will not only be glad to promote your research, but the name of Pakistan.
You may also contact Pakistan Islamic Medical Association (PIMA) in case of any clarity. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org