Department of CME /CDE (Continued medical/dental education)
Pakistan Islamic Medical Association is the largest gross root organization of Pakistani doctors striving to improve the moral and professional standards of medical practice.
PIMA was accredited on 6th May 2015 by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council as CME provider organization according to PMDC standards to meet the needs of doctors / dentists (Specialists & GPs) all across the country.
PIMA is providing this service in collaboration with Riphah International University Islamabad.
Process of CME Activity (How to hold a CME)
For Pima Branches
- PIMA Branches will plan and initiate CME activities to cater the needs of doctors of their area.
- The details of CME activity will be sent to CME department on the information sheet (available at PIMA website) along with brief CVs of the facilitators/speakers 6 weeks prior to the due date.
- PIMA-CME department will complete its evaluation with the recommendations of Quality Assurance Committee within 2 weeks.
- Formal approval will be sent to the concerned branch by the manager CME department .This will also include the Performa for attendance of the participants and feedback response sheets.
- This information will also be sent to PMDC as “advanced information”.
- The CME in-charge of local branch will send the following information to the CME Department within one week of the activity.
- Summary report of the CME activity
- List of participants with their attendance and PMDC registration numbers.
- Feedback forms
- PIMA-CME department will review the data and issue the CME certificates within one week.
- Copies of the required documents will also be sent to PMDC.
Other medical organizations
- Other Medical organizations / institutions interested in CME can also apply for CME accreditation.
- Applications will be entertained according to the above mentioned process and approval will be awarded after evolution according to PMDC standards.
Who to Contact for queries regarding CME
- Rizwan Muzaffar Manager CME – 0334-5378651 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mohammad Tahir Secretary CME – 0333-5135989 email@example.com
- Hafiz Ijaz Ahmed Director CME – 0322-4141035 firstname.lastname@example.org
- PIMA Central Office – 051-2261943 email@example.com