PIMA Covid Relief Activities
- Telemedicine service:
- PIMA Health Line
- PIMA Virtual Care
- Provision of safety kits for doctors & healthcare staff
- Supplementing Alkhidmat Hospitals with human resources and technical training to combat Corona cases.
Incharge: Dr Atif Hafeez, Dr Zakiuddin Ahmad
- PIMA Healthline Started from 25th March 2020
- The aim is to “keep people at home” instead of going outside for minor health issues.
- A total of 130 senior doctors from different specialties have volunteered to give advise.
- This service provided free medical advise to more than 13,000 patients so far.
- PIMA Covid Virtual Care started on 8th July 2020
- This is an upgraded version of already functional PIMA Healthline
- It is designed especially to provide Home Care to the Covid 19 patients over whatsap / phone
- To provide medical advice/contiuam of care & health education to Covid 19 patients
- To provide updated information about Covid 19 services, facilities & resources across Pakistan
- To collect consolidated data of Covid 19 patients & conduct research on pattern, trend & psychological impact of the disease in Pakistan as well as to help in making future strategic plans to contain the disease.
Supply of Protective Kits for Doctors
Incharge Prof KhubaibShahid, Assisted by DrShmshad Ali
- To protect the frontline doctors from catching the virus, PIMA provided doctors with protective kits in collaboration with
- Al-Khidmat Foundation
- Helping Hands
- Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA)
- Dua Foundation.
- The PPEs include N-95 and other face masks, gowns, goggles, gloves other items.
- So far PIMA has provided PPEs worth Rs 12 million, in addition to 50,000 N95 Masks distributed in collaboration with IMANA
- Many PIMA units and Prime Foundation also doing it at local levels.
Activities at local level
Places where these PPEs are supplied include:
- Punjab: Lahore, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Sialkot, Sahiwal, Multan, Bahawalpur, DG Khan, Sargodha, Kasur, Mianwali, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Rahim Y Khan, Muzaffargarh, Lala Musa, Gojra, Jhang, TT Singh, Jaranwala, Okara, Attock, Samundri, Rajanpur, Gujrat
- Sindh: Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Mirpurkhas, Khairpur, Kandhkot, Shikarpur, Larkana, Matli, Ghotki, Jhaddu, Tando Allah Yar, Nawabsha, Jacobabad, Ghambat
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Peshawar, Dir, Swat, Kohat, Abbottabad, Temargara, Mansehra, Mardan, Nowshera, Swat, Bannu, Haripur, Buner, Swabi, Chitral, Charsada, Hangu, Bajour, Batkhela
- Balochistan: Quetta
- Azad Kashmir: Bhimber, Muzaffarabad, Mirpur, Rawalakot, Pallandr, Bagh
- Gilgit: Gilgit city, Diamer
- PIMA initial activity in covid, as started from Sukkur
- Prof Hafeez Rehman visited Sukkur.
- Stimulate donors and other to concentrate on such epidemic.
- PIMA Sindh arranged a series of 30 covid awareness sessions for school children in district Shikarpur
- PIMA Peshawar providing free medicine to registered Sugar and Hypertensive patients on monthly basis.
Human resource including training, for care of affected patients
Incharge: Prof Muhammad Afzal Mian, Prof Hafeez ur Rehman
- Al-Khidmat Foundation has allocated its ten hospitals across the country for corona positive patients.
- The purpose of this service is to facilitate additional patients who may have to be accommodated in case of surge of cases to help government in the fight.
- Isolation ward and ICU care is separately addressed.
- PIMA is taking care of technical support at these hospitals including training.
- A preliminary training module has been developed.